페이지 정보작성자 최고관리자 댓글 0건 조회 142회 작성일 21-02-15 17:13
Argentina targets vessels exceeding speed limits
The Argentina Coast Guard are taking action against vessels that exceed speed limits in the River Plate basin and Parana River, according to North P&I Club citing information from local correspondents Pandi Liquidadores S.R.L.
Alerts | 09/02/21
In recent weeks, the Coast Guard commenced administrative enquiries against various vessels for breaching speed limits, mainly in the Rosario port area, between km 434/435 Parana River, where the speed limit is currently 9 knots.
Correspondents further advise that in these cases, letters of undertaking were required to avoid detention by the Maritime Authority.
When calling at ports in the River Plate basin and Parana River, ensure you are aware of the regulations in force to avoid fines for breaching speed limits. This should be included as part of your discussions with any pilots onboard.
According to the REGINAVE (Sea, River and Lake Navigation Regime), it is forbidden to all vessels to sail at such speed capable of:
- creating a risk to other vessels, watercrafts or naval contrivances sailing nearby;
- causing damages to berths, shore constructions or installations or navigational aids or other markers;
- causing damages or a risky situation to vessels, watercrafts or naval contrivances berthed or anchored; or
- in excess to the maximum speeds established by the Coast Guards.
Inside any port the ships must sail to the minimum speed compatible with its good steering but never in excess of 6 knots to avoid wash damages to the vessels moored.
- River Plate
-Ing. Emilio Mitre Channel: it extends 50.37 Km from Km 12 of Buenos Aires access channel to the mouth of the Parana de las Palmas River. Depending on ship’s draft the following limits apply:
- Vessels draft 8.84 m or more: 8 knots between Km. 40 to 47; and 10 knots between Km 12 to 40.
- Vessels draft less than 8.84 m: 12 knots between Km 12 to 48 but minimum compatible with the good steering with sailing through Coast Guard stations.
- Parana river
-Throughout the Parana River (including Parana Guazu, Parana Bravo and Pasaje Talavera branches, all of which converge to the Parana), vessels must sail cautiously. The speed has to be reduced to the minimum compatible with the good steering whenever there are other vessels or watercrafts berthed, maneuvering or under lightering.
-Bridges vessels must sail to their minimum speed compatible with the good steering and ready to let go anchors
-Parana de las Palmas: The speed limit is 10 knots with the following exceptions:
- Km 114 to 180 the speed limit is 13 knots
- Km 68 to 72 minimum speed compatible with good steering
- Km 73.5 to 75.5 minimum speed compatible with good steering
- Km 92 to 114 minimum speed compatible with good steering.
Find more herebelow:(첨부참조)
- Wash Damage and Speed Regulation in River Plate and Parana River.pdf (796.4K) 0회 다운로드 | DATE : 2021-02-15 17:13:29